Thursday 17 October 2013

Updated work #2 - None Place -

This is where my work has got to from the previous update post. Iv been using mainly type, watercolour, figures and collage then putting them into Photoshop. I feel better about my work and much more confident than I have before, some of them are hit and miss but I think there is more of a feel that I'm going in the right way (I hope!). The thing I keep having to be careful of doing is making my work too "quiet", things can get lost because nothing jumps out at you, not that I want it to look too in your face but sometimes I'm not aware of it because iv been looking at it for too long! Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to point out that there needs to be a bit more punch to it. I think a good example to look back on is my 8x8 work as that was once too quiet but when I added some blocks of colour and a mix of different lines it looked much better. Iv used the same sort of colour pallet through out the project, I actually think these colours are what I use through out most of my work anyway, they're quite feminine but muted so they're not too overly girly. 










Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment