Tuesday 5 November 2013

New brief - Self Directed 2

For the new brief we had a lot of different choices to pick from. I decided to go with the self directed route and I chose to focus mine around travel. I chose this because in my last project, even though it was about non places, a lot of my work was to do with places like airports/train stations and I liked focusing on that, so I thought I would expand and explore the places beyond the airports and train stations. Here are some of my first notes and research…







I looked mainly at places like Pinterest and Tumblr for map-relating art work. I love the maps Oliver Jeffers has created, "1 city 5 hours" in a number of different places. I really liked that idea, have a little collection of mini-maps that are not over complicated or over worked, just simple and lovely to look at. I perticularly liked the journals at the top, they look quite textural and messy but in a good way. I might look into working straight onto books instead of a plain sketchbook as part of the project, as sometimes it can be slightly intimidating just having all that white space to work with. Or staining a page with paint/collage or anything really so that I can work straight onto that. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment