Monday 18 November 2013

Irina Kaygorodova workshop

Whilst in Prague, we had the amazing opportunity to visit the studio of Irina Kaygorodova and do a workshop with her, which was really exciting! Irina is a russian fashion illustrator who works mainly (and beautifully) with water colour and ink. She was super lovely and humble. Im completely in awe of her work and forever wish I could do something like that, it was so inspiring watching her paint, she made it look so incredibly effortless.

After watching her, we all got fashion magazines to paint from and off we went! She said that she doesn't usually draw first, just paints straight on the page. I don't think iv ever really painted anything without drawing it first but I actually liked not doing that, and I don't think it turned out the worst thing iv ever done either which is good! It also made me realise how important it is to have good quality paper/paints/brushes, it really does make all the difference. So yeah, I really enjoyed this day and thank you ever so much Irina for having us :




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment